Friday, December 12, 2008

I don't have a tree!

This is mid-December and I haven't posted for a while, so here goes. I have had a lot going on. We had a lot of people at our house for Thanksgiving, about 40 or so. It was really great -- I didn't cook and everyone else brought food. It was a requirement. We had so much to eat, and so much variety. This is the way to do it! I had so much fun. Also, with all my kids and grandkids here, it was wonderful!

I don't have a tree. At first, I thought I just wouldn't put up a big one since I have a little fake, I mean artificial, tree in my foyer. And since my cat was thinking it was just for her, and the lights and ornaments are all over the house, I thought I wouldn't even try for the big one.

But all my kids and grandkids are supposed to be coming on Christmas Day, so I NEED one. I have decided I would tie on the lights and ornaments with ribbon. Tie each one on, so the cat wouldn't be able to get them off. I bought the ribbon today. We'll see.

Google the YouTube for "Baby It's Cold Outside", and you will find countless versions of the old Christmas song. It was fun. Then I saw Emile Pandolfi playing it (heard him) on the piano. He was wonderful.

My granddaughter, Makayla, was on the TV this week with her Dad on his cooking segment. She was great (he was, too). I'll get it posted.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: