Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Have you ever visited the Build-A-Bears Workshop? Whoa! These people are serious about their store! and their outfits! I had told Makayla that I would get her "some things" from there for her graduation gift and her dance recital gift. Well, today I made my first visit and was correctly initiated into the "grandmothers horror hour". (not really) Anyway, what I thought was going to be a nice little shopping tour turned out to be such a hard decision-making time. Oh, the things are very cute -- and very expensive. (Sorry, I'm old-school, where Barbie outfits did not cost half that much, even though if only I had all my old ones, I'd be set for life and retirement!)

So, I sprung for one outfit and have plans to make others.

Concerning my incubator, I did not ever get a chicken egg to hatch, although they did "make" up to a certain point. I think it had a lot to do with the moisture. So now, I am trying to hatch some duck eggs. We only have one female to four males. Grossly outnumbered. I'm trying to hatch more females. So, my first duck egg went past his day of hatching, and I opened it. I couldn't believe it! There was a duck, black, heart beating and all. But when you crack one open they don't make it. It did peep once, and then died. It was so sad. But now, I have two left. I'll let them go a little past. Let you know.

No comments: