Tuesday, October 28, 2008

State Fair

Gary and I went to the State Fair last week. I wanted to observe the goats being showed, but they did not have a dairy goat section. (sad) We did see the Boer goats being showed, however, and that was fun! There were so many, about 50 in the first section. I found out my goat, Lizzie, has a daughter that placed as Reserve Grand Champion in the MS State Fair! I NEED to get her in the shows. I'm still learning all about it.

My daughter came over last night with her two beautiful ones. We made Halloween costumes for them: Pebbles and Bam Bam. They were very cute.

My goats have been getting out. There is a hole in the fencing. I'll have to get that fixed. However, I have not been able to spend as much time as I'd like (all my time) with them. I have had so much counseling paperwork to do. My schedule is picking up -- I guess a lot of people are worrying these days. Anyway, I've been in my office a lot.

Gary and our friend, Jimmy, put corn out on the other side of our pond yesterday. They are trying to make a spot so that Gary can hunt out the back door. I can see the spot from my window in my office/craft room. We actually went hunting for the first time this weekend. We took our grandson across the road on the pipeline. We didn't see a deer, but a lot of deer tracks.
I don't know what we'd do if we did kill one. We'd have to get help.

No comments: